- We will learn strategies to build our reading comprehension skills.
- We will also learn new sight words and will be able to use them in a sentence.
- Sight words include: have, they, said, of, and want
- We will learn that good readers use many strategies to decode words.
- We will retell stories using details from the text.
- We will learn that good writers add details to their pictures.
- We will learn that good writers will also STRETCH OUT words to hear more sounds.
- We will write persuasive stories and learn how to form an opinion.
- We will learn how to decompose numbers up to 10 and find the missing part.
- We will continue to strengthen our fact fluency for addition and subtraction.
- We will continue to solve word problems.
- We will celebrate our 100th day of school on 2/7/23.
SCIENCE / SOCIAL STUDIES
- Mystery Doug / Scholastic
- TCI: Unit 2: Civic's
- How Do I Get Along with Others?
- How Do I Make Friends?
- How Do I Solve Problems with Others?
- How Can I Be a Good Helper at School?
- How Do Americans Celebrate?
- Presidents' Day and Valentine's Day
- Black History Month
- Ground Hog's Day
- Dental Health
- 2/3/23 ~ Kindergarten Ice Cream Social, 6:00 PM
- 2/9/23 & 2/10/23 ~ Lip Sync Show, 7:00 PM
- 2/16/23 ~ School closed 2/16-2/20