- We will continue DIGRAPHS (wh, ch, sh, th, and ck) and spell words with digraphs.
- The digraphs will be at the beginning or end of words.
- We will read sight words and be able to scoop words and phrases to improve fluency.
- Sight words include: look, where, who, good
- We will learn that good readers use many strategies to decode words.
- We will retell stories using details from the text.
- We will practice writing sentences with an upper case in the beginning and punctuation at the end.
- We will continue writing ALL ABOUT BOOKS and start our Fiction Unit.
- We will find patterns in larger numbers.
- We will begin to learn about two-dimensional and three-dimensional shapes and how to analyze them.
- We will solve word problems involving both addition and subtraction.
SCIENCE / SOCIAL STUDIES
- Mystery Doug = Weather & Spring
- Scholastic News
- Geography Unit
- Where am I in the world? & What is my neighborhood?
- April 4th & 5th (half days): Phone Conferences if needed
- April 6th: Author Visit
- April 7th - 16th: HAPPY SPRING BREAK!
- April 17th: Return to School