- We will scoop and read phrases and complete sentences to increase fluency pace.
- We will also blend sounds together to make and read nonsense words.
- Sight words include: be, as, ball, by, day, did, has, her, and him.
- We will learn that good readers make predictions while they read and ask questions.
- We will learn to write fiction stories that include characters, setting, and plot.
- We will learn how to compare two-dimensional and three-dimensional shapes.
- We will solve word problems involving many math concepts.
SCIENCE / SOCIAL STUDIES
- Mystery Doug = Weather & Spring
- Scholastic News
- Geography Unit (continued)
- Where am I in the world? & What is my neighborhood?
- We will learn the difference between Needs and Wants
- Memorial Day & Mother's Day
- May 25th = Field Day
- May 26th - 30th = Memorial Day Weekend