Degrees and Certifications:
Genetics and Microbiology, BA Teaching Physical Science, MA
Welcome to Physics!
My name is Christine Osborne. This is my 7th year working at Wall High School and my 17th year of teaching physics.
I have taught 9th-grade physics, introduction to chemistry and physics, astronomy, CP physics, and AP Physics.
I am excited to work with you and your student this year.
Courses Taught: CP Physics and AP Physics
Office Hours: E-8, B day lunch except on Fridays (Ms. Osborne)
E-9, 1st B day during lunch (Mrs. Hyland)
Google Classroom: Please be sure to access our Google Classroom for class notes, assignment details, and more. Below you will find the Google Classroom codes for your physics course and block.
Please see the list of supplies below:
- Charged Chromebook for school and charger for home
- One-inch three-ring binder or One folder for physics only
- Loose leaf paper
- Ruler (metric) (for use at home)
- Protractor (for use at home)
- Calculator (Walmart or Target have good prices)
Suggestions but not mandatory (prices based on Walmart)
- Texas Instruments TI-30X IIS Scientific Calculator $10.88
- Texas Instruments TI-30XS MultiView Calculator $13.87
- Texas Instruments TI-30Xa Calculator $8.44
- Casio FX260SLR Solar Scientific Calculator $6.97
- Writing utensils (pens, pencils, erasers, highlighters, etc)
- Dry Erase Marker (just one or two)
- One three-inch, three-ring binder (optional If you like to keep your notes from year to year it might be a good way to store all of the handouts you will receive. It may also be a good idea to purchase a bigger binder if you plan on taking physics in college. You can leave this binder at home.)
Grades: Your grades each marking period is based on a weighted average. Below is the grade breakdown for our class. The document, “Ms. Osborneʼs Physics Class Description of Activities” describes the specifics of each type of assessment.
% of total Grade