Harassment, Intimidation, & Bullying
REPORTING HARASSMENT, INTIMIDATION, AND BULLYING
REQUIREMENTS FOR BOARD MEMBERS, DISTRICT EMPLOYEES, VOLUNTEERS, AND CONTRACTED SERVICE PROVIDERS
In accordance with the Wall Township Board of Education Policy 5512 regarding Harassment, Intimidation, and Bullying, the Board of Education requires the principal at each school to be responsible for receiving complaints alleging violations of this policy. All board members, school employees, volunteers and contracted service providers who have contact with pupils are required to verbally report alleged violations of this Policy to the principal or principal’s designee on the same day when the individual witnessed or received reliable information regarding any such incident. All board members, school employees, volunteers and contracted service providers who have contact with pupils, also shall submit a report in writing (The Bullying Incident Report Form) to the principal within two school days of the verbal report.
Day 1: Report the alleged HIB incident on the same day to the School Principal, Anti-Bullying Specialist or any administrator who shall initiate the school district’s
Day 2: Complete and submit the Bullying Incident Report Form to the School Principal within 2 school days of the verbal report.
WHAT IS HARASSMENT, INTIMIDATION AND BULLYING?
Any gesture, any written, verbal or physical act or electronic communication which:
- will have the effect of physically or emotionally harming a pupil;
- will damage the pupil’s property;
- places the pupil in reasonable fear of physical or emotional harm or damage to property;
- has the effect of insulting or demeaning any pupil or group of pupils;
- creates a hostile educational environment or interferes with a pupil’s education by severely causing emotional or physical harm; or
- is perceived to be motivated by race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender expression, disability or other distinguishing characteristic.