- Wall Township Public Schools
- ESEA/ESSA & Title I
ESEA/ESSA & Title I
Elementary Secondary Education Act
ESSA includes provisions that will help to ensure success for students and schools. Below are just a few. The law:
For more information about the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA), click here.
- Advances equity by upholding critical protections for America's disadvantaged and high-need students.
- Requires—for the first time—that all students in America be taught to high academic standards that will prepare them to succeed in college and careers.
- Ensures that vital information is provided to educators, families, students, and communities through annual statewide assessments that measure students' progress toward those high standards.
- Helps to support and grow local innovations—including evidence-based and place-based interventions developed by local leaders and educators.
- Sustains and expands this administration's historic investments in increasing access to high-quality preschool.
- Maintains an expectation that there will be accountability and action to effect positive change in our lowest-performing schools, where groups of students are not making progress, and where graduation rates are low over extended periods of time.